What does Haulage Insurance Cover?
We understand the needs of the Haulage Industry and how each company is different, with varying needs from their insurance policy.
We can create a bespoke cover for you, so that you have all the necessary cover in place. This makes the cover provided by different Haulage Insurance Polices unique.
We can select cover from a range of policies to provide cover for include cover for:
- Exclusive low rates for owner operators on HGVs up to 44 tonnes, trucks, tippers, lorries, refrigerated vehicles & vans
- Up to 70% discount for mirror bonus & company letters confirming claims free driving
- Discount for up to 9 years claim free driving
- Goods in transit
- Hauliers liability – employer’s & public liability
- Single vehicle or fleet 2+ vehicles
- Goods in storage / warehousing
- Office & yard risks
What are the benefits of Haulage Insurance?
Other benefits of having a Haulage Insurance Policy can include:
- Like for like HGV’s in the event of a probable non-fault accident
- Continental cover – annual green cards
- Optional UK & European breakdown
- Protected no claims bonus
- Legal expenses
- Complete accident management cover
- Easy payment options
So if the goods that you’re transporting get stolen, or one of your vehicles is involved in an accident, having a Haulage Policy will leave you safe in the knowledge that not only are you fully covered, but your claim will be handled by our professional team.
Whether you need Light Haulage Insurance, or Haulage Fleet Insurance, we guarantee that we will find the right policy for you. We will keep you involved with every step from taking out the policy, renewing it and even managing your claim should you need to make one.
How Do I Save Money On Haulage Insurance?
With many years of insurance experience, we’ve learnt a thing or two when it comes to saving money on haulage insurance and here are a few tricks of the trade for you:
- Avoid ‘any driver’ policies – they are convenient, but you’ll pay for that convenience
- Use your no claims bonus – no claims bonuses earned on previous haulage insurance policies could save you anywhere from 20% to 60% on your haulage cover, so make sure you make the most of them
- Restrict your mileage – if you don’t – or at least seldom – need to leave the UK then it’s well-worth taking out a haulage policy that covers for you for UK-only work. It will cut down the mileage and the risk and could save you a great deal on your haulage insurance premium
- Say yes to a higher excess – the typical excess on a haulage insurance policy is £500. Increasing this can save you on your premiums, but only consider this if you have a good claims record or it can prove a false economy
You also need to think about fleet risk management. Managing a fleet of vehicles is a challenging job. Add the stress of dealing with claims, and you have a real challenge on your hands. We work to put you in control by introducing systems, processes and technology that streamline the claims while influencing driver behaviour.
- Prevention before the cure. Our main focus is on accident prevention; a proactive rather than reactive way of managing your fleet risks.
- Improving evidence. We introduce improved policies; procedures and technology to ensure you collect accurate evidence.
- Education and awareness. We educate your workforce to positively influence driver behaviour and ensure incidents are reported quickly.
Each haulage risk is completely different and insurance companies will price a risk accordingly. Your attitude to risk is vitally important and insurance companies will look for you to demonstrate the factors you are putting in place to reduce the risks of claims e.g. driver handbook, driver training, cameras, telematics, licence check etc. Our advisors will work with you to improve (where possible) your risk management. In some instances we will be able to source funding from insurance companies to support some initiatives.
Ready to talk?
Saturday & Sunday: Closed*
*For any enquires outside of business hours, please contact your Account Executive directly.