Waste & Recycling
At Quote-It Limited we work with specialist insurers who provide cover for businesses ranging from recycling stations, car breakers and scrap yards to skip and haulage hire companies and landfill site management companies. We also tailor policies for waste management companies, including those involved in clearing building materials, green waste, metal, glass, plastics, textiles, wood, electronics and domestic waste.
We can provide insurance solutions for companies involved in the waste and recycling industry. These can include the following but it is not a definitive list, so it is best to contact us to discuss your needs:
- Skip Hirers
- Trade Waste Collection
- Plastics, Paper and Can Recyclers
- WEEE Recyclers
- Textile Recyclers
- Scrap Metal
- Wood Recycling
- Landfill Sites
- Waste to Energy Plants
- Aneorobic Digestion Plants
- Materials Recovery Facilities
- Aggregate / Soil Recycling
- Liquid and Hazardous Waste
- Tyre Recycling
We understand your business and have knowledgeable, experienced staff to deal with all of your insurance requirements. Waste and Recycling Insurance represents a major part of our business, and we are dedicated to your industry, by employing experienced and trained staff.
As specialist’s in the waste and recycling sector we are experienced in establishing the correct levels of Waste and Recycling Insurance cover at competitive premiums, which can help you to avoid potentially damaging problems. We have access to dedicated schemes and rates which are tailored to your trade. As a leading Insurance broker to the Waste Management sector, we have experience in providing insurance cover for recycling centres, disposal of metals, plastic, paper, cardboard and hazardous waste. All types of waste can be accommodated including asbestos and other hazardous wastes and our covers have been designed to dovetail the liability and motor fleet covers in particular.
When you’re involved in recycling or waste management, it can be extremely difficult to find someone who’s prepared to insure you. Finding a broker with a good understanding of the sector is key – someone who can minimise the restrictions to your cover while keeping your premiums as low as possible. Our policies cover employer’s and public liability, business interruption and assets such as buildings, machinery and stock. A specialist policy will take account of the nature of your business and the risks you’re exposed to.
How does it protect you?
- Employers’ liability – Recycling & Waste Management Insurance covers the cost of legal action and any compensation awarded as a result of claims made by employees for work-related illnesses and injuries. If you employ staff, this is a legal requirement. The minimum legal requirement is £5,000,000 although most of our policies will cover you for £10,000,000.
- Public liability – Public Liability Insurance offers valuable protection for claims made against you for third party property damage or personal injuries to the general public. If you are a Skip Hirer and you place skips on the road, or in public places, you may be compulsory for you to have Public Liability Insurance. Levels of cover required by local authorities and councils vary, but these can be between £1,000,000 and £10,000,000.
- Business interruption – your gross profit is protected if you’re unable to operate at full capacity
- Buildings and contents – your cover includes plant insurance and the cost to repair or replace damaged machinery
Why you should consider it?
- Recycling & Waste Management Insurance ensures compliance with statutory Health and Safety COSHH regulations.
- Having the right cover gives you peace of mind that your income and assets are protected.
- A specialist policy enhances your professional standing with clients and meets qualification criteria for trade association membership.
- Many brokers shy away from recycling because they don’t have access to the right insurers.
Arranging the right policy cover will enable you to side step potentially catastrophic problems further down the line. Significant issues can arise when inadequate policies are placed on cover. Our experienced, highly trained professionals will prevent that happening to your company. They will efficiently identify the suitable levels of cover that your waste and recycling operation requires. Our dedicated team of commercial insurance experts will liaise with leading suppliers of waste and recycling insurance on your company’s behalf. We are independent insurance broker and have policies for Waste & Recycle management at competitive rates. We have access to all of the top level insurers so we make sure we can get the right policy at a competitive rate.
Our insurance policies are tailored to meet our client’s requirements include:
- Sensible policy excess
- Advice for fire risk management
- Recycling insurance for the property, plant and also business interruption
- All types of Recycling & Waste activities can be insured
- Payment flexibility
- Public & Products Liability / Employers Liability Insurance from £500 a year
Recycling and Waste Management Scheme
Our policies are designed to encompass the needs of today’s modern Recycling and Waste management businesses. We have an in depth knowledge and understanding of the sector and have designed insurance solutions to suit.
Ready to talk?
Saturday & Sunday: Closed*
*For any enquires outside of business hours, please contact your Account Executive directly.